Please click on the high school calendar for daily athletic events.
Congratulations to this year's Homecoming Court
Boys: Tanner Jarmon, Grant Johnston, Dominic Long, Dominic Maroney, Blake Ulander
Girls: Brooke Croushore, Skylar Foster, Kaylee Gibala, McKenzie Pritts, Nicole Veychek
2022-2023 Senior Citizen Passes
Complimentary Senior Citizen Passes for Athletic Events are available in the high school office starting on August 15th.
Please come to door #26 in the front of the building with your drivers license.
Senior Citizens who are Yough School District residents and are sixty-two (62) years of age or older shall be admitted without charge to all school events with a complimentary senior citizen pass. This includes sporting events as well as drama and musical productions of the Yough School District. This pass will not be honored for athletic play-off games, special tournaments or parent group sponsored events. Summer Office Hours are from 7am to 2pm.
Please call the high school office and make sure someone is available to assist you at 724-446-5520 x2001
22/23 PHYSICAL INFORMATION
THIS PACKET IS INTENDED FOR THOSE STUDENTS WHO PLAN TO PLAY A SPORT DURING THE 2022-2023 SCHOOL YEAR AT THE HIGH SCHOOL. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU CLICK ON THE PIAA CIPPE FORMS AS WELL AS THE EXCELA HEALTH FORMS.
- Parents and students should complete all pages except Section 7. Physicals will only be accepted on the PIAA forms
- Section 7 must be completed by your PCP, Medexpress, or Excela Health Primary Care physicians AFTER June 1, 2022. A physical signed by a Chiropractor will not be accepted.
* IMPACT TESTING: If your child is competing in a school organized sport for the FIRST TIME, they must complete an Impact Baseline Test. All others, your child must complete a baseline every TWO Please contact Colleen Babjak, ATC if you are uncertain whether your child needs to complete one. Please contact via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Links will be EMAILED to STUDENT EMAILS.
IF ENTERING 11th GRADE: You must COPY and SEND your Physical to the High School Nurse. This is a GRADUATION REQUIREMENT.
IMPORTANT: When completing your physical with the private physician of your choice—Please remember to take the physical forms with you to the appointment and have your physician document the physical exam on Section 7. As per the WPIAL regulations, the physical must be documented on the WPIAL/PIAA CIPPE FORMS. They will not be accepted if they are not on the proper forms. The private physical needs to be completed and turned in to the athletic secretary or athletic trainer by the designated date listed below.
- Football: August 8, 2022. To help keep organized, please turn in all forms to the athletic secretary or athletic trainer by Wednesday August 3rd, 2022.
- All Other Sports: August 15, 2022. To help keep organized, please turn in all forms to the athletic secretary or athletic trainer by Thursday August 11th, 2022.
** Please be aware that private sports physicals must be dated after June 1, 2022 to be valid per WPIAL rules. They will not be accepted and your child will not be able to practice if physicals are not on the proper forms with the proper dates.**
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE CALL ONE OF THE FOLLOWING:
ATHLETIC TRAINER: Colleen Babjak 724-446-5520 ext. 2033
ATHLETIC SECRETARY: Francine Huss 724-446-5520 ext. 2001
DIRECTIONS TO YHS & YIMS
Yough High School Yough Intermediate Middle School
919 Lowber Road 171 Route 31
Herminie, PA 15637 Ruffs Dale, PA 15679
Voluntary Student Accident Insurance Information
Below is the Athletic Student Accident brochure and enrollment form for students to enroll for coverage if they choose to. The voluntary Student Accident Insurance brochure explains how you can help guard against unexpected events. It is a summary of the insurance plan as specified in the policy form BA-50000P-USF on file with the school district.
Watch the Cougars from Any Device!
We partnered with the National Federation of State High School Associations to stream live and on-demand broadcasts of our teams in action! Through a paid subscription to the NFHS Network, you can watch many of our boys & girls soccer, football, lacrosse, boys & girls basketball, volleyball, and wrestling contests. For more information, visit the NFHS Network.
From any internet-connected device (smart phone, computer, tablet, smart tv).
The Yough School District in an effort to make public the findings reported on the disclosure statement for Title IX, gender equality in sports, will be posted on the Yough Athletic Webpage.
Any questions should be directed to the Athletic Director.